The Information We Collect
We receive both information that is directly provided to us, such as personal information you provide when you visit BowmanGrayRacing.COM, and information that is passively or automatically collected from you, such as anonymous information collected from your browser or device. In this privacy statement, we refer to all of this as the “Information.”
1. Information You Provide to Us. At BowmanGrayRacing.com, you can subscribe to one of our services such as our online newsletters. In the course of these various offerings, we often seek to collect from you various forms of Information, such as your first name and e-mail address.
2. Information That is Passively or Automatically Collected. We, and our “Partners” who include our third party service providers, advertisers, advertising networks and platforms, agencies, and distribution or other partners may use automated means to collect various types of Information about you, your computer or other device used to access BowmanGrayRacing.com. A representative, non-exhaustive list of the types of automatically collected Information may include: network or Internet protocol address and type of browser you are using (e.g., Chrome, Safari, Firefox, Internet Explorer), the type of operating system you are using, (e.g., Microsoft Windows or Mac OS), the name of your Internet service provider (e.g., Comcast, Verizon or AT&T) and domains used by such providers, mobile network, device identifiers (such as Apple IDFA or an Android Advertising ID), device settings, browser settings, the web pages of BowmanGrayRacing.com you have visited, sites visited before and after you visit BowmanGrayRacing.com, the type of handheld or mobile device used to view BowmanGrayRacing.com (e.g., iOS, Android), location information, and the content and advertisements you have accessed, seen, forwarded and/or clicked on. Please see the Section titled Cookies, and Other User and Ad-Targeting Technologies for more information about how the foregoing Information may be collected and used.
When we interact with you through our content on third party websites, applications, integrations or platforms, we may obtain any information regarding your interaction with that content, such as content you have viewed and information about advertisements within the content you have been shown or may have clicked on.
How We Use the Information
We, along with our Partners, may use the Information to:
1. provide and communicate with you about BowmanGrayRacing.com, such as to fulfill a request by you for an online newsletter or notification, or to contact you about your account with us,
2. fulfill your requests for our products, programs, and services, including without limitation requests for newsletters and notifications,
3. respond to your inquiries,
4. communicate with you about other products, programs or services that we believe may be of interest to you,
6. provide technical support for BowmanGrayRacing.com,
7. customize or personalize ads, offers and content made available to you based on your visits to and/or usage of BowmanGrayRacing.com or other online or mobile websites, applications, platforms or services, and analyze the performance of those ads, offers and content, as well as your interaction with them,
8. perform analysis regarding how you use BowmanGrayRacing.com or any part thereof,
When you provide information from your social media account, it can help enable us to do things like (1) give you exclusive content, (2) personalize your online experience with us within and outside our applications or websites, (3) contact you through the social media service or directly by sending you the latest news, special offerings, and rewards, and (4) enable you to share your experience and content via social media services. When you provide information about yourself to us through an application, on our sites, or on social media services or other third party platforms, it may be publicly viewed by other members of these sites and we cannot prevent further use of the information by third parties.
We or a Partner may use “cookies” or similar technologies to associate certain of the Information with a unique identifier that then associates the Information with your device or browser. For information about how these technologies work and how we may use them, please go to the Section titled Cookies, And Other Users and Ad-Targeting Technologies.
Sometimes, we may associate cookies with the Information, including de-identified, “hashed,” or anonymous versions of Information you have provided (such as during registration), in order to send or help our Partners send ads and offers based on your presumed interests or demographic information.
Information Sharing and Disclosure
Do we disclose any information to outside parties? We do not sell, trade, or otherwise transfer to outside parties your information. This does not include trusted third parties who assist us in operating our website, conducting our business, or servicing you. We may also release your information when we believe release is appropriate to comply with the law, enforce our site policies, or protect ourselves or others rights, property, or safety.
We may disclose the Information as follows:
1. To service providers or Partners that we have engaged to perform business-related functions on our behalf. This may include service providers that: (a) conduct research and analytics; (b) create content; (c) provide customer, technical or operational support; (d) conduct or support marketing (such as email or advertising platforms); (e) fulfill orders and user requests; (f) handle payments; (g) host BowmanGrayRacing.com (h) administer contests; (i) maintain databases; (j) send or support online or mobile advertising; and (k) otherwise support BowmanGrayRacing.com.
2. In response to legal process, for example, in response to a court order or a subpoena, a law enforcement or government agency’s request or similar request, or where we believe in our sole discretion it is necessary
3. We may transfer some or all of your Information if we, or one of our business units, undergoes a business transition, like a merger, acquisition by another company, or sale of all or part of our assets, or if a substantial portion of our or of a business unit’s assets is sold or merged in this way.
If you wish to opt out from such sharing please visit the How to Contact Us/Opting Out of Marketing Communications section below for further instructions.
Please note that BowmanGrayRacing.com may offer content (e.g., contests, sweepstakes, promotions, games, applications, or social network integrations) that is sponsored or co-branded with identified third parties. By virtue of these relationships, the third parties may obtain information from their visitors. We have no control over these third parties’ use of this information, which is subject to their own privacy policies.
Cookies and Other User and Ad-Targeting Technologies
2. Synching Cookies and Identifiers. We may work with our Partners (for instance, third party ad platforms) to synchronize unique, anonymous identifiers (such as those associated with cookies) in order to match our Partner’s uniquely coded user identifiers to our own. We may do this, for instance, to enhance data points about a particular unique browser or device, and thus enable us or others to send ads that are more relevant, match users to their likely product interests, or better synchronize, cap, or optimize advertising.
3. Locally Stored Objects. BowmanGrayRacing.com may employ locally stored objects (“LSOs”) and other client side storage tracking technologies in certain situations where they help to provide a better user experience, such as to remember settings, preferences and usage similar to browser cookies, or in order to target or help our Partners target ads, analyze ads performance, or perform user, website or market analytics. For LSOs utilized by Adobe Flash you can access your Flash management tools from Adobe’s website. In addition, some, but not all browsers, provide the ability to remove LSOs, sometimes within cookie and privacy settings.
4. Disabling Cookies.
We may work with certain third-party companies that use techniques other than HTTP cookies to recognize your computer or device and/or to collect and record information about your web surfing activity, including those integrated with BowmanGrayRacing.com. Please keep in mind that your web browser may not permit you to block the use of these techniques, and those browser settings that block conventional cookies may have no effect on such techniques. To learn more about Interest-Based Advertising or to opt-out of this type of advertising by those third parties that are members of DAA’s opt-out program, please go to http://www.aboutads.info.
5. Web Beacons. We and our Partners may also use “web beacons” or clear GIFs, or similar technologies, which are small pieces of code placed on a web page or in an email, to monitor the behavior and collect data about the visitors viewing a web page or email. For example, web beacons may be used to count the users who visit a web page or to deliver a cookie to the browser of a visitor viewing that page. Web beacons may also be used to provide information on the effectiveness of our email campaigns (e.g., open rates, clicks, forwards, etc.).
By visiting BowmanGrayRacing.com, whether as a registered user or otherwise, you acknowledge, and agree that you are giving us your consent to track your activities and your use of BowmanGrayRacing.com through the technologies described above, as well as similar technologies developed in the future, and that we may use such tracking technologies in the emails we send to you.
Our unaffiliated Partners and third parties may themselves set and access their own tracking technologies when you visit BowmanGrayRacing.com and they may have access to information about you and your online activities over time and across different websites or applications when you use BowmanGrayRacing.com. Their use of such tracking technologies is not in our control and is subject to their own privacy policies.
How do we protect your information? We implement a variety of security measures to maintain the safety of your personal information when you place an order or access your personal information.
We offer the use of a secure server. All supplied sensitive/credit information is transmitted via Secure Socket Layer (SSL) technology and then encrypted.
How We Respond to Do Not Track Signals
At this time BowmanGrayRacing.com does not recognize automated browser signals regarding tracking mechanisms, which may include “do not track” instructions.
BowmanGrayRacing.com may contain links to or integrations with other sites such as Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, and other media services and platforms, whose information practices may be different than ours. Visitors should consult the other sites’ privacy notices as we have no control over information that is submitted to, or collected by, these third parties.
Occasionally, at our discretion, we may include links to other third parties, such as our Stadium sponsors, on our website. These third-party sites have separate and independent privacy policies. We therefore have no responsibility or liability for the content and activities of these linked sites.
How to Contact Us/Opting Out of Marketing Communications
If you have any questions or concerns about the online privacy statement for this site or its implementation, or if you would like to opt out from our sharing of your personal Information with unaffiliated third parties for the third parties’ direct marketing purposes you may contact us at the above address and request that we opt you out of such sharing. We may ask you to provide additional information for identity verification purposes, or to verify that you are in possession of an applicable email account.
If you have signed up to receive our e-mails and prefer not to receive marketing information from this site, follow the “unsubscribe” instructions provided on any marketing e-mail you receive from this site.
Updates & Effective Date
From time to time, we may update this privacy statement. We will notify you about material changes by prominently posting a change at the top of this page. We encourage you to periodically check back and review this statement so that you always will know what information we collect, how we use it, and with whom we share it.
The Privacy Statement posted on this site was updated October 27, 2018.